Thursday, January 12, 2006

poemetry

A sort of poem deal which I recently came across, not really a poem at all, more someone's realizations or thoughts in raw, chopped up form... which i identify/ied with.

Shrine of Fear
I have loved you so long
Lolled in your dispassionate grip
Far too long
I shake you
Rip out of me
Tear me to pieces
But I will be free
Even if I leave behind
Gorgeous hair, nose, fingers
(I only imagined I possessed)

Shrine of Fear
Curse you
Damn you
Despise you
and I despise myself.
But soon you will no longer be myself
And I wil not accept your knocking at my door
Another to court me
I will not care what they say
What you say

Shrine of Fear
I will to be free
My will as you know
Is more powerful than my heart

Shrine of fear
I worship you no more
I worship you in my self no more
I would seperate
I will be weak
I do not care. I will be lambasted

Shrine of fear
You think this frightens me
(it does.)
My heart is weaker, however
Have I not always told you so?
Have you not held it up
In my face
To taunt me?
Now I know. It is a blessing
Will - make me free.

Shrine of fear - shrine of fear
I'll sing till you become a child's song
A ring around the rosy
Deadly but scoffed at
Shrine of Fear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home