Sunday, February 19, 2006

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Why not post this. It's just my reflections on the latest movie I saw. Not normal, I know...

The meaninglessness of life. Everything just continues, goes on and on...the fields stretch out...we learn from each other how to live, maybe love, an dhow to go on...then we die...some laugh, some cry...circular. meaningless. The fields of Iowa say it all.

They say goodbye, and ... suddenly my heart wants to feel wrenched for them. But hark! Wait! Haven't I felt this before? This raw, blessed feeling... And look I'm automatically coping with it before the feeling sets in. I've left too many people never to be seen again to not have a prepared reaction. But it strikes me as interesting that the same feeling can be attained in IOWA that I tend to associate with living in "exotic places" such as England, and Austria. To leave someone important to you with your mind clear (other option being drunk, I guess??) and auf immer und ewig Verabschieden. Split. Divide. That hurts - I would know.

Yeah. So being attached is good, and feeling things is good. That's nice. I'll get back to you when I figure out how.

Finally, I think the difference between the head and the brain is that which causes great problems for people. Me, anyway...and I imagine others. We can think up such great things, and want to do them...and then...we are frustrated in one way or another...

shabba gorapi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home