Sunday, March 12, 2006

So on my spring break...

I was in Michigan with Steph, my female philosophy friend. It was pretty cool. The several trips to the hospital especially....but that's not my story to tell. What did we do. We wrote all three of the outlines for the rest of the year, history of philosophy - that's a great feeling. (My, darling, do I see your nose growing?) We watched, you know, the essential movies - one being Pride and Prejudice and instilling yet again in me that I must simply hold out for Darcy - hmmm and just generally enjoyed Holland's fine weather. Particularly the night at the beach when the cars started driving up with party music blaring and we skittered back to our car and drove away asap. Oh why do I have to be a girl...otherwise we coulda gone and partied with them...(jk)

But seriously now. I found out 3 guys from my school were killed in a crash back home. Stupid drinking party. It made me cry. I furthermore found out yet another couple high school aquaintance/friends are getting engaged, the one I particularly ... don't know what to think.

On the other hand there's my friend Ginnia who's a dearheart and called me - we're working on putting together a little artsy gig dealie at the end of the summer - with her art, my piano, and maybe some other people's stuff. We'll see!! Stop by if you're in Iowa in August.

I might get a missions internship for the first couple months of the summer. The question being, do I WANT to? It'll be $$$, and look good on my resume, and such...but...what if I do not have a heart that is in it? Hmmm. And nothing against home, but it means living there... So anyway I'd feel disloyal or somehow not honest (what's the "i" word - integrity. integretous?) with myself doing it if I felt about it the way I do now. Maybe that'll change.

I can't believe I just used my blog for normal information. My head is beneath the clouds, and it's not even raining. It's like I feel...normal...Spring break got me away from the suffocating atmosphere I'm feel like i'm in - the pressure I let be on myself. I'm refreshed. I guess that was the idea. I really can't wait to get back at it though!!! ("You really do like school, don't you?" - geeky nod and grin - "yup!!")

1 Comments:

Blogger Tomorrow said...

Hmm spring break sounds like it was fun :). Hospital? That sounds interesting.

I've been wanting to see Pride and Prejudice. I really liked the book. I have to see the long version first, though. Speaking of good movies, watch Titanic if you've never seen it.

Normality is a really good thing sometimes. Very relieving. It sounds like spring break was good for you. :)

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home